Peddling along with AdSense still?
As any website owner knows, monetizing with AdSense can be tough. It can take years to get your earnings to a level that cover your hosting costs even!
Not only that, but things keep changing. There are different ad units to choose from now – including new “native” ones (whatever that means).
On your site alone, you can test locations in the sidebar, at the top of the page, in the footer, and even in under the first paragraph. To confuse matters further, Google recently removed the 3 ad limit rule that it had had for so long.
It’s more confusing than ever…and I’m not sure it’s going to get better.
That’s where Ezoic comes in…
Leveraging the power of machine learning, Ezoic has come up with an easy solution for the not-so-tech-savvy.
The idea is simple: you pick ad sizes, locations, and types you want to try out, and Ezoic finds the combinations that make you more money!
No manual A/B testing necessary. Essentially, it’s a “set it and forget it” platform that you can use to boost your earnings from ads, without spamming out your users.
It’s a 3-step process:
- Set up the Ad Tester
- Turn On and Select the Percentage of Traffic
Ezoic is different from a traditional ad network in more ways than one. Mainly though, they optimize per user session instead of on a per page, or even per impression basis. Their metric of success is called EPMV (earnings per 1000 visitors).
The idea is that (with time), Ezoic increases your EPMV as the machine learns to better optimize each page and each user that comes to your site.
More about Ezoic
Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner, which means that its tech has been approved by the Big G. That certification means you can rest easy knowing that you won’t have to deal with pesky AdSense violations any longer.
There’s an interesting balancing act going on today between publishers and users. Website owners want to make the most money possible to be compensated fairly. On the flipside, users don’t want annoying ads.
Ezoic doesn’t use flashy ads, video ads, or any other nonsense. It keeps it simple with display ads to ensure that more money for you doesn’t mean you are spamming anyone out.
Pros of Using Ezoic
A lot here, but I will try to keep it short and sweet:
- You get a REAL representative – No robots or unanswered emails here. Each Ezoic user gets a representative that they can talk to if need be. They can help you set everything up in case you are having trouble too!
- No technical work necessary – The Ezoic Chrome Extension makes it easier to add ad units. You simply pick an area, choose the sizes you want to test there, and the devices you want the ads to show on. The Extension adds it so you don’t have to.
- Fully automated – This is different from “no technical work”. With Ezoic, you don’t need to run experiments. Instead of setting up A/B testing – which can be tiresome – Ezoic uses multivariate testing. This means they pool different users into different groups to find iterations that work the best. You simply set up the system to test locations you want and let the system ride!
Cons of Using Ezoic
- Takes a while to get going – Especially with my low traffic sites! Since the machine takes time to learn, you will have to wait until the data gathers up before you see the substantial results. It’s that slow-burn that proves that the best things take time!
- Integration stinks if you aren’t using CloudFlare – You can use Ezoic’s nameservers, but there is a propagation period that means you can’t get started the same day.
- No updates – Though AdSense adds new ad types, Ezoic mainly sticks with display ads. At this time, there are no AdSense native ads, no Amazon ads, and no link unit ads available for testing. Also, I’ve been using them for about 2 years now and their interface hasn’t been updated. Not the biggest deal, just something I’ve noticed!
Give Ezoic a try now! It starts with a 30-day free trial if you use my referral link 🙂